VPN Setup for iOS : L2TP Protocol
This article explains how to setup L2TP VPN protocol connection on an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod).
Before we begin, you need to Activate your VPN account from your Smart DNS Proxy MyAccount panel. In order to do this, log into your https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/MyAccount.
Under Home section you will find VPN Configuration Status. There, simply enter the VPN username you would like to use and then click Activate. Your VPN account password will be the same as your Smart DNS Proxy account.
Setting up your iOS Device (iPad, iPhone, iPod) for L2TP VPN:
Tap on the Settings icon on your iOS device dashboard. Go to the General section, then tap on the VPN item.
Tap on the Add VPN Configuration
Click on the L2TP tab at the top of the screen.
- In the Description box, enter "SDP VPN". Here you can enter more friendly name depending of the servers you like to setup, i.e.; "Smart DNS Proxy", SDP US", "SDP Switzerland".
- In the Server box, enter the address of the VPN server you would like to get connected. For example, to connect New York server, you can enter us-ny2.serverlocation.co
- In the Account and Password fields, enter your Smart DNS Proxy VPN account username and password. You can find this in your https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/MyAccount. page under VPN status section.
- In the Secret field, enter s3CuREpaSs412
Tap on " Save" form top right corner to Continue.
Slide the switch ON to connect to the VPN. A small "VPN" icon should appear in the status bar at the top of the screen.
You are now connected and all your internet traffic is Encrypted & Secured!
Once you're done, slide the switch OFF to turn off the VPN from your Settings section. You can connect and disconnect at anytime using the VPN switch at the top of the Settings menu.
There are several reasons that the VPN connection will fail. Here are some things to check.
- L2TP protocol might be blocked in your Internet Service Provider connection. Try to setup OpenVPN connection.
If the VPN connection still fails, please log a ticket with our support team for assistance.