Asus Router DNS Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
The following Asus Router Smart DNS setup instruction is only needed one time. Once you finish the initial Smart DNS Proxy setup on your Asus Router, you won't be needing to take the same steps anytime. Your connection will work automatically *anytime!
Please find Smart DNS Proxy setup instructions for Asus Router below:
1. Log in to your Asus Router Admin Panel.
Most Asus Router Admin panels can be reached via typing http://192.168.1.1 into the Internet Web Browser address bar. If it doesn't work, then you can try http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.2.1)
2. Enter your Asus Router admin panel username and password and LOG IN. The default credentials are admin for username and admin for password. You can find the correct information from your router manual handbook.
3. Click on WAN.
4. Find Connect to a DNS Server Automatically and set it to NO.
5. Enter Smart DNS Proxy DNS IPs to DNS Server 1 & DNS Server 2 sections.
The list of IP addresses of our DNS severs can be found on our DNS Server List here: https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Servers. Use the closest DNS servers to your physical location. Select the closest server to your physical location as Primary. Then select the 2nd closest server to your physical location as Secondary server.
6. Click on Apply.
Make sure to RESTART your Asus Router!
* Remember whenever your PC/Router IP changes, our service will stop working for you. You will need to LOG INTO Smart DNS Proxy and UPDATE your IP address so that our system could check your IP address and add your new IP to our database. Then, you will be able to continue using our service. If this is the first time you set up, we also suggest that you log in with your PC to our site from the same Wired/Wireless network to show our system your IP address.